1. Manage and direct the Bar Council’s internal and external communications, including developing strategies and executing programmes to increase the organisation’s visibility and enhance its image.
2. Coordinate and manage the operations of the Publications Department.
3. Lead in planning, quality assurance, and developing value-added concepts for publications and other communications products.
4. Recruit, train and supervise staff.
5. Plan, develop and produce the Annual Report of the Malaysian Bar.
6. Plan, develop and produce other publications of the Bar Council, including reviewing, editing and/or approving books, magazines, pamphlets, newsletters and email announcements; online, intranet and video content; as well as other special projects and assignments.
7. Plan, draft, review, edit and/or approve materials assigned to the Publications Department, and other materials as requested.
8. Manage and supervise the development and maintenance of the Malaysian Bar website(s) and its contents, and the use of social media platforms (if any).
9. Provide other support and perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
10. Report to the CEO on all management and administrative matters.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Undergraduate degree in relevant field (preferably law).
2. At least 10 years of relevant professional experience, including at least 3 years in a supervisory or management-level position.
3. Excellent command of English and proficient in Bahasa Malaysia, including in writing, speech and comprehension.
4. Must exercise a high degree of independent judgment and initiative.
5. Must be meticulous, systematic, precise and thorough, with a keen eye for consistency and detail.
6. Have excellent analytical problem-solving, organisational, multitasking and time management skills.
7. Able to produce detailed and accurate written work under tight deadlines.
8. Self-motivated, dedicated, and able to work independently in a challenging environment with minimum supervision, yet be a team player.
9. Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
10. High level of computer literacy, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications. Ability to use online content management systems and knowledge of basic html code preferred.
11. Able to work extended hours, including weekends if necessary.
Application Closing Date:04 September 2020
How to Apply:
Successful candidates can expect a competitive remuneration package based on their qualifications and level of experience.
Interested candidates should specify their current and expected salary, and send a cover letter, detailed résumé and recent photograph (non-returnable) by 4 September 2020 (Friday) to:
Human Resource Department
Bar Council Malaysia
Wisma Badan Peguam Malaysia
2 Leboh Pasar Besar
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2050 2056
Fax: 2050 2065
Advertiser’s Details:Name: Human Resource Department
Contact Number : 03-2050 2056
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org